- That George Bush did not win the 2000 and 2004 elections
- That global warming is primarily a man-made phenomena
- That the 9/11 attacks were perpetrated not by jihadists, but by the Bush administration itself, and that Osama bin Laden, et al, are being unfairly blamed for it (or, conversely, that no planes actually hit the Twin Towers or the Pentagon; that it was actually American missiles, and that the passengers on the four jets are being held in detention)
- That the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were instigated by a conspiracy of Halliburton-BushCo-ExxonMobil-TastEFreeze-NASCAR-Meineke-Diebold, and other evil American corporations
"My brother warned me that the liberal blogs were becoming very anti-Israel and some were so violently critical of Israel that there was a tone of anti-Semitism in that criticism. Since I generally do not read the blogs, I was surprised that liberals and progressives would treat the Israel/Palestine issue in such a shortsighted approach. Most objective people understand that it takes two to make an argument and that an informed group would understand that the Israel/Palestine problem has historical roots where plenty of blame can be shared. And my experience with liberals and progressives is that they view the world in shades of gray as compared to the right wing black and white approach. But, to my surprise, I got 67 comments from my last post (on the Huffington Post) that were mostly hostile to me and the ones that supported my analysis."OK so far. But now, to what does he attribute this rise in anti-Semitism among leftists? Time to dust off the "Karl Rove Did It!!!" whine-o-festo:
"So my conclusion is that the bloggers who violently hate Israel and see it in black and white terms are not really liberals. They may even be anti-Semites, but they are not representative of the liberal community that was so active in achieving racial and ethnic equality. It is a contradiction for a true liberal to be an anti-Semite. Furthermore, I would not put it past the right wing to flood the liberal blogs with hateful criticisms of Israel to advance a perception that liberals are anti-Israel or anti-Semitic. And I see Karl Rove's fingerprints all over this."So let's see if we have this all straight:
- Leftists are expressing raging anti-Semitic opinions on the most leftist-oriented blogsites
- Leftists cannot be anti-Semitic
- Therefore, Karl Rove has deployed hundreds (thousands!?) of mind-numbed right-wing shills to post messages on left-wing blog sites, to make the left-wing blog sites appear to be anti-Semitic to... the left-wing bloggers
WOW. Does Rove ever sleep?
Well, consider the source of this newest whackjob conspiracy theory. Air America, after innumerable glowing reviews from the fawning mainstream media since its infancy, has been losing market share practically since day one - and now, is down to about 440 listeners in each of its key markets (including its key meccas of Denver, Portland and Seattle). So it's understandable that Mr. Drobny is very upset. (According to an unscientific survey by Democratic Undreground recently, he's not alone; more than 75 of self-described Democrats report living with "serious mental illness" in their homes).
But this level of denial, obfuscation and lunacy is notable, even to the seething leftists. All of which certainly doesn't bode well as we head into November's mid-terms.
A prediction: Come November 8, when the Democrats wake up and realize they've lost another election, they're going to come up with a thousand new whackjob conspiracy theories as to the reason: Halliburton, Diebold, AIPAC, Rove, ExxonMobil, etc. - anything but to accept the fact that they lost because they allowed the lunatic left to take over the asylum that is now the DNC.
Oh well, there's always 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016...
© Copyright 2006 by Jon Quixote. All rights reserved. Qualified media representatives interested in publishing this item may contact email@example.com for information.