Tuesday, February 27, 2007

As Predicted: HuffPost's Cheney Thread Must Be A Right-Wing Conspiracy


====================================

NOTE: This thread is a continuation of yesterday's super-blog, HuffPost Insanity Part 3,243: Regret Over Failed Attempt on Cheney By Taliban

====================================

All of a sudden, I'm feeling positively omniscient.


First, after hearing this morning of how Cheney missed being assassinated by the Taliban, I anticipated that the Huffington Post crowd would be all over it, expressing their sadness, and sympathizing with the Taliban. (check!)

Blogged extensively on it here, and Rush Limbaugh picked up on my emails to him re the HuffPost admins' surgical scrubbing of its Cheney thread. (check!)

Then, tonight, I figured that as HuffPost admins have now all but extinguished that thread, perhaps some of the HuffPost regulars would be commenting on what happened today, on threads devoted to other topics. Gee, I was right again.

But what I missed --- and should not have, given my experience with them --- is that they would be claiming that leftists could not possibly be saying such things as were reported on that thread.... that it must be... (DRUMROLL) yet another right-wing conspiracy!!! Tin foil hats... get your tin foil hats here...

For those of you who missed it, not only garden-variety HuffPosters are claiming that hatred is exclusively a non-leftist affliction. As was reported at JQWorld last July, here, none other than one of the founders of Air(head)America, Sheldon Drobny, claimed that while he acknowledges rabid anti-Semitism and Jew-hatred is overflowing on leftist blogsites, it can't possibly be leftists who are saying such things... it must be (drumroll... you guessed it) a Karl Rove conspiracy!!!!

Back to the Cheney thread today, though... HuffPosters, you never let me down!!!

It MUST be another non-leftist conspiracy!!!

Here we go:

On the thread:
Break-In At NH Democratic Headquarters (which replaced the Cheney thread since about 6pm)...
Not that I would accuse the repugs of conspiracy...bwahaha.. But I bet that the worst comments directed at the VP today were actually from repug trolls.
By: HeevenSteven on February 27, 2007 at 07:41pm

Yep. We were talking earlier about that.
By: GrouchoMarxist on February 27, 2007 at 07:51pm

I missed the party. Friend of mine called tonite and said Rush Blimpo was raggin' about it. I looked and there are only 14 comments left up...sheez I thought censorship was right-wing stuff.
By: HeevenSteven on February 27, 2007 at 08:05pm

When I logged in today, they had already closed the comments, but they hadn't wiped them all. It was pretty clear that a few of the regular posters -- Thalia, kay, feminazi -- were arguing with a lot of people who's names I didn't recognize. And, of course, BJ and JonQ were around egging things on. With a few exceptions, it was people I'd never seen spewing the worst "Death to Cheney" stuff, which made me think that everything wasn't on the up-and-up.
By: GrouchoMarxist on February 27, 2007 at 08:24pm

Not only were the comments shut down on HP, but then they were published at TOWNHALL and I didn't recognize any names. The most outrageous attacks were definitely planted. The one HP poster I recognized didn't say ANYTHING even remotely negative about shooter's safety. He was just too liberal, I guess.
By: smootybooty on February 27, 2007 at 08:42pm

And all you dittoheads who want info on the infamous Cheney thread, Malkin has the PDF furnished by First Amendment advocate Sandy Burglar (LOL). Of course, all the moderate and sensible Comments were scrubbed to make it look much worse then it was originally.Now, drop dead! (Just a figure of speech, of course.)
By: getoffmedz on February 27, 2007 at 08:51pm

Only the most extreme and outrageous Comments made it to the PDF. If you'll notice page numbers are scrambled, portions of pages are missing and basically, a real bad quick edit.As usual, the Reich-wing can't play fair. The obvious bad edit will backfire, btw.
By: getoffmedz on February 27, 2007 at 09:01pm

... You'd think that if someone were maligning the news website that someone owned, and impugning the character of both her website and/or her person, someone would get a team of reporters on the story and would hold the wingnuts 'hatchet job' up to public ridicule! Put their stupidity up as a headline, complete with transcript of the original and then 'doctored' posts, and let them swing in the wind, hoisted from their own petard of psuedo-piety! It's what I'd do, if I were that 'someone'..! ;) ...
By: CynAnne on February 27, 2007 at 09:19pm

Wow. The only explanation I can think of is the Republicans are looking to see just how insultingly-corrupt they can get without people wanting to pay attention. Cheaper than a focus group, I bet. :)
By: lintlass on February 27, 2007 at 09:31pm

I have noticed as well, the unusual amount of names that I did not recognize that were rather trollish... a few of them quite vile.It is as if the trolls are all wounded and backed into a corner... mean and rabid.... lots of barking... no where to go....
By: nochnoi on February 27, 2007 at 09:31pm

The same thing happened last summer during the Israel/Lebanon war. We had a sudden influx of really vile anti-semitic posters -- not people criticizing Israeli policy, but anti-semtic garbage. And all the usual suspect trolls showed up bringing "all you libs hate Jews." Once again, the people posting the garbage were by-and-large names I'd never seen, except for a few of the usual suspects like PaulRevere. This was very similar.
By: GrouchoMarxist on February 27, 2007 at 10:09pm

I read them too, and thought "whoa--those are really bad". I also did not recognize most of the posters and thought they must be trolls descending on HP. I read that one person was going to send the posts to the FBI. The whole thing stunk and I avoided posting on that thread. I think there are enough of us who know the regulars and can attest to strangers amongst us. An excuse to go after Ariana, obviously.
By: meah on February 27, 2007 at 10:20pm


[A VOICE OF REASON!?!?]
Conspiracy! Conspiracy! Jesus, don't you people ever get tired of spouting this ridiculous nonsense. Yes, the embarrassing quotes were obviously planted. Thats the only conceivable explanation. There's no way that liberals may have actually posted that stuff...it must be the right wing smear machine. Nothing that was posted this morning was in the least bit out of the ordinary for the Huffington Post. Truth is smootybooty and Groucho, if you were to speak truthfully you know that you agree with those that wished Cheney had been killed.
By: moderate1 on February 27, 2007 at 10:31pm
Yep, that's what happened to me. I read through a couple pages when I got to work, and Femi had been scolding the morons. I went to post something to back her up -- and, gee, the comment button was gone.I just got off the phone with Pix, and she said they did a huge banning sweep of basically everyone who posted on that thread. What a trainwreck.
By: GrouchoMarxist on February 27, 2007 at 10:42pm

Swell. I think that Ariana needs to address this. I hope she reads this thread. Or at least gets the word that the regulars were not posting with a few exceptions. I remember one regular was bawling out people for saying such rotten stuff. Trainwreck is right.
By: meah on February 27, 2007 at 10:59pm

Apparently they used keywords for banning, so even people who were quoting the idiots and arguing against them -- like femi and Thalia -- got the axe, too. Good grief.
By: GrouchoMarxist on February 27, 2007 at 11:07pm

Glad to see you survived LOL. Apparently, it got pretty mean. Pages were disappearing when I got here, so I never saw the whole thing. But I saw a good chunk of it before it went away. Like I said, a trainwreck.
By: GrouchoMarxist on February 27, 2007 at 11:24pm


Well isn't that sweet.


The HuffPost loonbats claim to know every one of the thousands of folks who post at Queen Arianna's, and because they didn't recognize some of the most loonbatted posters, well... gosh, they MUST be RNC/Rove stooges!!!

OK, that's enough for one day... even MY brain is starting to hurt now!!!


(Wait.... are those black Halliburton-ExxonMobil-BushCo-Meineke-Diebold-TacoBell-PNAC conspiracy cabal helicopters hovering above my place, in whisper mode? Oh NOOOOO....... ;)



=========================================

CONTINUE ON to the next part of this story: "HuffPost Spin Cycle Part 1," here.

=========================================



Original content is © Copyright 2007 by Jon Quixote. Email to

jonquix@hotmail.com

.

No comments: