Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Ghost of Chamberlain


.


WILL WE EVER LEARN?




(Neville Chamberlain, far left, with Hitler and his "peace-seeking" colleagues, September 1938)

"I asked Hitler about 1 in the morning while we were waiting for the draftsmen whether he would care to see me for another talk….I had a very friendly and pleasant talk, on Spain, (where he too said he had never had any territorial ambitions) economic relations with S.E. Europe, and disarmament.

"I did not mention colonies, nor did he. At the end I pulled out the declaration which I had prepared beforehand and asked if he would sign it. As the interpreter translated the words into German, Hitler frequently ejaculated 'Ja! Ja!' and at the end he said 'Yes I will certainly sign it. When shall we do it?'

"I said 'Now,' and we went at once to the writing table & put our signatures to the two copies which I had brought with me."


[Chamberlain in a letter to his sister Hilda Chamberlain, October 2, 1938]








"My good friends, this is the second time in our history that there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time."
[September 1938]











Hitler several years later --- and a mountain of eyeglasses taken from the Jewish men, women and children that he murdered as part of "the final solution" to "the Jewish problem"


The crematorium at Auschwitz - and Nazis preparing to murder an obviously very dangerous Jew





Hezbollah Leader Hassan Nasrallah on Israel and the Jews

(December 31, 1999)
In a scathing speech to a rally of more than 1,000 supporters, Hezbollah leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said peace deals between Arabs and Israel would not bring stability to the Middle East or legitimacy to the Jewish state:

"There is no solution to the conflict in this region except with the disappearance of Israel," he told the crowd.

More Nasrallah quotes, from Lebanon's Daily Star, October 22, 2002:

"Peace settlements will not change reality, which is that Israel is the enemy and that it will never be a neighbor or a nation... (I) promise Israel that it will see more suicide attacks, for we will write our history with blood."

“If they [the Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them world wide.”
Speigel (Germany) August 15, 2006

SPIEGEL:
But negotiations failed to prevent the burning of Beirut and bombardment of Haifa.

CARTER:
I'm distressed. But I think that the proposals that have been made in the last few days by the (Lebanese) Prime Minister (Fuoad) Siniora are quite reasonable. And I think they should declare an immediate cease-fire on both sides, Hezbollah said they would comply...




© Copyright 2006 by Jon Quixote. All rights reserved. Qualified media representatives interested in publishing this item may contact jonquix@hotmail.com for information.

==================================================================
==================================================================

No comments: